PS: Owners of the Arrow III by JustFlight can purchase this new Turbo Arrow for only $14.99. Find your coupon code under your Arrow invoice at the store (doesn't apply to Arrows from other designers)
Just Flight, in partnership with Thranda Design, are proud to present the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV for X-Plane 11.
Following on from their critically acclaimed Arrow III for X-Plane 11, this highly detailed simulation of the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV has been developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield.
The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV are four seater, turbocharged piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – ideal for touring and instrument training.
First available in 1977, the Turbo Arrow III was the first turbocharged variant of the PA-28R Arrow, retaining the conventional tail of the Arrow III and a new cowling which housed the six-cylinder turbocharged engine. The Turbo Arrow IV followed in 1979 and featured the distinctive T-tail which was common amongst other Piper aircraft.
The aircraft are flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity. The product features ten liveries from the USA, UK, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Australia and the Czech Republic.
The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III and Arrow IV for X-Plane 11 feature PBR materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism, 4096 x 4096 textures for the highest possible texture clarity and numerous animations including a multi-animation passenger door that, when open, responds to G-forces and air resistance.
- Accurately modelled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans
- Numerous animations including multi-animation passenger door that, when open, responds to G-forces and air resistance, baggage door, cockpit window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features.
- Ability to use the in-flight livery switcher to switch between the Turbo Arrow III and IV variants in real-time without needing to use the aircraft menu.
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off' (if aircraft is stationary on the ground)
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:
- - KMA 20 audio selector unit
- - Fully featured X-Plane-native GNS530 (supports procedures out of the box, and supports Navigraph and Aerosoft custom nav databases)
- - KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
- - KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1 or NAV 2
- - Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (hidden autopilot altitude hold system included for convenience)
- - KT 76A transponder unit
- - KR 85 ADF unit
- - Support for RealityXP GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter
- GoodWay compatible
- Ability to change barometric units from InHG to MB in altimeter adjustment
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window, to aid in those pitch-black 'cold and dark' starts at night
- Pop-up autopilot window
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Animated toe brakes
- Functional throttle quadrant tensioning system
- Radio knob animations routed through plug-in logic, for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronisation
- Custom-coded fuel system, including the option of automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long distance cross-country flights (this option is remembered for future flights)
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Realistic landing gear system with intricate retraction animation, slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), precise shock absorber animation with multiple linkages animated accurately, and wheel chocks and tie-downs
- Functioning alternate air and static source controls
- Fully implemented back-up landing gear system
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapour lock condition
- Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires electric trim button to be pushed)
- Functional ELT which is automatically triggered above 4.6 G
- Simulated fan and vent system with realistic blower sounds (linked to circuit breaker logic and electrical system for realism)
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism
The aircraft is supplied in ten paint schemes which can be swapped on the fly using a pop-up window.
The Turbo Arrow III is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
N48427 (USA),D-ERMT (Germany),G-OBAK (UK),HB-PMB (Switzerland),VH-LLA (Australia)
The Turbo Arrow IV is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
D-EAIV (Germany), G-BOGM (UK), OE-KFT (Italy),OK-MAN (Czech Republic),N3023K (USA)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Arrow pilots, including realistic T-tail behavior (visible using the X-Plane physics visualisation system)
- Flight dynamics switch in real-time as you swap between the Turbo Arrow III and IV variants
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane's state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, gear warnings and more, featuring accurate location placement of sounds in the stereo spectrum, 3D audio effects, atmospheric effects, adaptive Doppler, exterior sounds spill in when window or door(s) are opened, different sound characteristics depending on viewing angle etc.
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data, adapted to X-Plane 11 usage
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- Dedicated pop-up window for sound mixing, allowing for individual adjustment of the volume of exterior sounds, in-cockpit sounds and various effects
- Option to launch X-Plane's weight and balance manager window from the custom pop-up panel